Sunday, January 21, 2007

GO BEARS!!

Not a stitch was dropped the entire football Sunday! –Bears vs. Saints– What a game and talk about some serious knitting time. Brother-in-law came by along with some of E's buddies from down the street. Chili - hot dogs and Becca's Peanut butter fudge (hummmm) filled our tummies.

The kids got out earlier today and played in the snow...check them out:




The playful actions of children in snow, get my knitting juices going...I'm pulling out this project and casting-on right away. My first fair-isle project and I'm so ready to get started. Isn't it just the cutest thing. It is still girlie enough right? I plan on making this for my little stinker.



Here's an update on the Clapotis done in Mountain Colors handpainted yarns. The color name is Mountain Twilight...deep blues, berries and violets – I'm on my second ball and on my way to having this done...oh joy.



I also forgot to mention that I spend my lunch hour at the Chicago Winter Delights Stitches Salon on Friday. I sat amoung beginners and experienced teachers...amoung other chicagoans and visitors form far away. I enjoyed every minute. I also discovered that I don't have to wait till Friday afternoons to spend time there. I wish they where there year round. It will be a sad day come March, when I wont be able to get away from the fast deadline world. Only complaint I have is that the flyer listing all Chicago area knitting circles has our SnB Tinley Park group meeting only on the last Wednesday of the month. I'll have to look into that....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fair Isle isn't that hard, you just have to pay more attention to it than the average project. Say, when I went yarn shopping in Indy this weekend, the ladies down there asked me about the Stiching Salon. I guess it's famous.

Anonymous said...

I think MB just makes it look easy. ::smile::

I can't wait for Wednesday night. Missing two SnB's in a row just about killed me.

Bring the new clapotis so I can ogle and fondle and try to avoid slopping my drool on it. (Purple! Ha! It's contagious.)