Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I Have Zigged & I Have Zagged

Some serious happy sock dancing going on right now!!! I call these the Zig-Zag socks.



The yarn is: Lang's Jowell – self stripping yarn. It's very nice to knit with and I love that it comes with it's own reinforcement thread for the heel. Knitted these toe-up on two circulars and it took me 15 days to complete. Yes...I know...for ever!! Considering that this was the only project that I was working on...it's quite pathetic. I suppose I could see how fitting an hour here or there could shorten the time it takes me to do these. But seriously...I knit a row in 5 minutes, that is a complete round on both socks. That’s 144 stitches, which is 28.8 st per minute...if it’s 6 rows to the inch...then it’s...300 minutes!!! that can’t be right. Only 5 hours of knitting time. Hell, I know it took me 2 hours just to do two toes. Oh well...does it really matter in the end? I guess not.

Oh, yeah...started a new project as soon as these fell off the needles. Anyone want to guess?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Crapotee?

Anonymous said...

MB beat me to it. That's my guess, too. It's sorta scarfish.

In lieu of actual knitting, I am catching up on my knitblog reading. ::sigh:: Sucks. But I do like your blog.