Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I'm a Bad Daughter

Sorry Mom! Seriously...I've been getting this package ready for you for about a week now and just plain ran out of time. But, no worries...it's in the mail ~ for real. I wont post pictures until you've gotten the package. If you don't like them, no sweat. By the end I didn't like them either, full story to come. Promise.

SPINNING UPDATE

Guess what?



Yep, went home last night and used my Lazy Kate to ply some yarn together. I thought I was doing it wrong...way do I double guess myself? Restarted and ended up plying it the wrong way. Oh, Hell...it's all a learning experience right? Any-who, wrapped the yarn on my niddy-noddy and I'm just loving it.

Little hank went for a dip and is now drying in my bathroom. I just hope little Mac hasn't discovered it and making a mess. I just envision PB&J fingers all over my new yarn...ick!

THERMAL UPDATE

Oh, please...you know that Comcast commercial, where they pull some High Speed out of the cable line and are able to clean an entire party's worth of dishes in 2 seconds...well, lets just say, I wish it were true so I can knit faster. I know I should just sit back and enjoy the process of knitting, and most of the time that is exactly what I do. But, right now I'm a project knitter and I want this done. off the needles. Hell, I don't even know what for? It's only like 95 degrees outside. I know...I'm trying to play catch up with all the projects I haven't knitted yet. I truly hope I have this same passion 10, 15 or even 20 years from now.



Gotten two inches of the twisted rib done but I'm adding more. I like the idea of a thick bottom band. I'm not sure if I'll make any more adjustments of this pattern, but I don't think I would be me if I didn't.

Go check out Alyssa's Thermal ...gorgeous.

1 comment:

Knitterary said...

You made yarn! Woot! Bring it to SnB so I can pet it, k?

Of course it's going to take you forever to knit the Thermal. But look at it this way -- it's warming you up (or cooling you down??) for Fulmar.