Friday, June 20, 2014

Intro: Cosan

I would like to give you a sneak into my design process. Since for as long as I can remember, drawing has always been a part of my life. With the Enchanted Garden, I wanted to showcase my sketching and illustration skills a little bit by drawing the knits on models.

With that I give you an inner look at the first 2 designs of the Enchanted Garden ebook:

Cosan (Gaelic meaning: Path)

The diamond clover stranded colorwork pattern emulates a walking path through a garden surrounded by wild flowers. The Tam starts with an icord edge, then transition into the colorwork hem which then widens for a traditional slouch effect. The matching convertible mittens would also start off the same way allowing for a cohesive look. Worked from the wrist to fingers and constructed with a flip-top, the button down style allows for easy access to fingers.

Cosan-sketch

No comments: